Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Warm up

This past week started off with going out monday to run dogs only making it about a quarter mile out of the kennel before slamming into the telephone pole and injuring myself. Ok you can laugh, i didnt get hurt too bad, although i did have to call Tim to come "rescue" me from the woods and was cooped up for the rest of the week unable to run dogs. Looked the dogs over and were all fine, thankfully.

Saturday brought us a trip down to West Bloomfield for a winter festival giving sled rides. The event could not have went any better. Laurel, the one who put the event together, was an absolute pleasure to work with and an amazing person to have around. Thanks again!

After the festival on Saturday, we headed to Dundee to hit up Cabelas since I had never been there. Tim even talked me into trying a Smoked Elk sandwich while we were there and it was delicous!  Even though for us Cabelas is more of a "look don't buy" store, it was still a pleasure seeing all there was to offer.

Sunday morning we were joined by many folks at the Lyon Oaks park for presentations and rides. The weather was alright until about noon when the sun came out and it started getting warmer and warmer. By 3:00 it was near 50 degrees out. As much as I think everyone was enjoying the nice change in weather, the dogs were having trouble staying cool. But all in all I think it went ok.

Well off to enjoy the day with the family.

Take care.

Briea, Tim and Peyton

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from Southern California

    I am your newest follower. I invite you to visit my blog and follow me if you want too.

    God bless you :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete