Sunday, November 7, 2010

Getting Cooler....

We woke up this morning and it was 12 degrees out with a slight blanket of snow on the ground…wonderful. Although this week will be great for training dogs, I have been told it will warm up next week to almost 60. I’m hoping by the next week we will get snow snow snow! We have the new dog yard all finished and pretty much full. Thanks to mom and chuck, we were donated a small shed that makes perfect for harnesses and other such dog equipment.  
New Dog Yard Finished
                                                            
Tim has been pretty successful trapping the past week. We’ve got two beavers, a raccoon, and a mink so far and who knows, he may come back with more as he is gone checking traps right this moment. Tim decided to hike the couple miles back to the lake from our cabin the other day to check his beaver traps. I get a call about 45 minutes later from him asking if I would come get him off the road where he had hiked out and said he had left the beavers in the woods. So we went back, got a couple bungee straps and a back pack and I dropped him back off and waited for him to come back. I was confused about this as I had always pictured beavers to be small and about 15 or 20 lbs….until he came out of the woods with two HUGE beavers! Just the one weighed about 60 lbs. needless to say, I was confused no more!
First Catch
                                                                      
On another note, Tim and I went on a double date with my brother Timmy and his gal Sarah to the see a movie on Thursday. We decided to see paranormal activity 2. Scary is an understatement! I never thought I would watch a movie that would actually stress me out. The anticipation of the “jumpy” parts was sickening! If you like scary movies, this is the one for you!
Briea, Tim, and baby Peyton   
                                                                                
       
                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment